Friday, January 24, 2014

Sippy Cuppin' It

Trying out his sippy cup.

I have an App on my phone that gives me information about our growing baby.  It lets me know, based on Mitchell's age, developmental milestones he should be hitting, when we should introduce certain foods or objects to him, different teaching "games" that are appropriate to play with him, etc.  It is just fun to read and get tidbits from.  Well, about six weeks ago (when Mitchell was about seven months old) it suggested we introduce a sippy cup to him; just to help prepare him to get used to drinking out of a cup of some sort.  So, finally a couple of weeks ago we decided to give it a try.  I had some breast milk stored in the fridge, so I warmed it up and put it in a sippy cup for him to try.  Haha, he had no idea what to do with that thing.  He tried sucking on it like a bottle, and when that didn't work he resorted to just chewing on it.  Obviously, I didn't expect him to know what to do with it right away, but when milk started to pour out I thought he would quickly get the hang of it.  Haha, well, maybe next time.  We'll keep trying.  It was cute to see him try it though:



No comments:

Post a Comment