This spring we decided to sign Mitchell up for some swim lessons. He has always loved the water, but he's also always been a little timid of it. Which wasn't necessarily a bad thing; it's better than being over confident and reckless. But we do want him to feel comfortable and know how to be safe. He did really well at his lessons. In the beginning, he needed a little bit of extra "encouragement" to get going... He accidentally belly-flopped and was afraid to jump in after that. And, I may have thrown him into the pool, to help him get over his fear, Lol. But by the end, he was so excited to jump in the pool and start swimming. So, all and all, I'd say the lessons did help his confidence and therefore were a win.
In his first class, they mostly stayed on the stairs and tried to get the kids acclimated to the water.
Practicing his jumps. He belly-flopped early on, so after that getting him to jump into the water took a lot of pep talks and bribes. Lol! And eventually I did just throw him into the pool at one point. But that worked... he jump every time after that. Lol!
He's on the far right, just chilling with his swim class:)
3, 2, 1...
No, count the other way. Count 1, 2, 3.
Ok, 1, 2, 3... Go!
Wait, am I going on "Go" or am I going on "three?" :)
I know these videos are long, but I wanted to show the progress he made along the way. He started out timid, nervous, with sloppy kicks and afraid to put his head under water... but he really started to learn and improve and love it! So, yay! He's on his way to becoming a little fish:)
No comments:
Post a Comment