Friday, June 2, 2017

Grandma and Grandpa!!

I'm still trying to play catch-up on the blog (You know, with 3 young kids I think I will forever be playing catch-up on a lot of things, so get used to it, hahaha!), so even though they have come and gone, here is a little bit about my parent's visit.  My parents got an RV right before they came out here for the birth of Colin, and decided it would be fun to drive it across the country to come see us.  And man, did they have an adventure getting out here!!  It could be a whole blog entry itself.  But for now, I will just say that they made it here safely.  They were early though... because I went into labor about 2 weeks early with both of my other pregnancies, we guessed that might happen again with this pregnancy.  But nope.  Of course, I had to deal with the whole baby being breech thing and almost needing a C-Section, but ultimately I was induced only 6 days ahead of schedule.  And my parents arrived 10 days before that.  Of course, we didn't mind:)  They arrived in time to spend Easter with us and it was nice having their help with the boys in my ninth month of pregnancy.  And they were such a big help in so, so, so many ways!!  My dad babysat the boys all day when I went into the hospital so Chris and my mom could stay with me; when I was sick my mom stayed up with Colin ALL night so I could rest, and my dad took care of the boys in the morning while I continued to get well; they helped run errands, entertained the kids, cooked, and cleaned.  And we still managed to squeeze in some sightseeing around the area, had plenty of movie nights, and they got to be here for Colin's blessing, for Mitchell's birthday party, and witness Duncan's first steps:)  In total they were here from Easter until Mother's Day (4 weeks).  We are so thankful for their visit, help, love, and support, and we can't wait to see them again soon.  Mitchell in particular got very attached to grandpa who played with him and watched cartoons with him every morning.  We miss them a ton already!


They arrived!!  Rode in on "The Majestic."  Lol!

He loved being sandwiched between Grandpa and Grandma; he got most of their attention that way:)

Of course, Duncan got his share of lovin' from Grandma as well:)

Haha!  This was a typical morning for Grandpa... being "attacked" by the grandkids wanting to play with him.  This was one of Mitchell's favorite games: "Being in Batman's Cave" (aka. being under a blanket).  Lol!  I spy Grandpa's arm and legs, Mitchell's back, and Duncan's arm and leg.  :)

Mitchell was so excited to ride in Grandpa and Grandma's "house" (aka. The RV) as they took it to the shop (to fix the things that went wrong on their trip out here).

Arrg!  Captain Grandma and seal Mitchell.  We managed to fit in a little bit of sightseeing before Colin arrived, and took Gpa and Gma up to see Port Townsend.

It was cold and windy during our visit to Port Townsend, but Mitchell still steered his pirate ship just fine:)

Checking out the temperature of the water... no surprise, it was COLD!

Captain Mitchell graciously let Grandpa and Daddy swab the deck:)

Gorgeous shot of Gpa and Gma (with the ferry in the background) as the sun decided to peak through the clouds and say hello.

Mitchell decided he needed this moment with Grandpa as well.

Mitchell did not want to be in this picture UNTIL he noticed that would mean that Duncan would get Grandpa all to himself; Mitchell quickly pouted and changed his mind (jealousy... gets him every time:).

Duncan enjoying the ferry ride to Seattle.  Haha, and noticed this kid's rat-nest on the back of his head.  No matter how much we combed his hair, it always turned into this knotted mess at the back of his head.  He has since had a hair cut (his first hair cut) so the constant knots are not an issue anymore:)

Haha, I love this picture and all its windblown craziness!  We're just enjoying a very windy ride on the ferry to Seattle; because normal people go joy-riding the day before they go into labor, right?  Haha, yes, this is us heading into the city one day before I would give birth to Colin.

Here we are approaching Seattle.  And poor grandmas could not catch a break from that wind.  Lol!

Here's a closer view of Seattle from our ferry as we prepared to dock soon.

Of course, it isn't a true visit to Seattle unless you stop by Pike Place.

Showing off our favorite bakery in the market, where we get our huge (Chris says they are Swisher-sized for him, Lol) and delicious donuts.

He's just playing it cool while riding the pig at the market.  Lol!

Never forget to take time to stop and smell the roses sunflowers.

We had to stop by Beecher's and try out their famous cheese!  Mitchell liked watching how the cheese was made more than actually eating the cheese.  Lol!  I tried their Mac-n-cheese and grandpa and grandma split a grilled cheese sandwich.  All of it was delicious!

Grandma was nice enough to pose for a picture of her first bite of a Piroshky.  This place is a must stop for me every time we're in Seattle.  Oh, and on a side note:  I don't think Chris and I can go to Pike Place on a weekend ever again.  Most of the time that we have gone has been on a weekend and it is always so super crowded.  We took my parents in the middle of the week on a Wednesday, and the place was so empty in comparison.  This was the first time I didn't need to wait in a line to get a Piroshky.

Once we got home from Seattle, they enjoyed their huge "Love Donut" (Haha!) we got at Pike Place. 

We were so excited my parents got to be here for important moments in our boys' lives, just like here at Colin's blessing.

Mitchell was all too happy to ride in Grandpa and Grandma's "house" once again as they prepared to head home in a few days.

We also were so lucky to get a visit from my cousin Dana!  She lives in St. Louis, but was in Seattle on business, and decided to stop by and see our new bundle of joy.  This is our whole gang out to dinner the night before my parents would leave and head back home.  And sorry about the quality... I had the waitress take several pictures and this is the best of the bunch:)  Thank for such a fabulous visit Grandpa and Grandma!!


Conversations with Grandpa are the best!  Grandpa was looking up the manual to his RV, and Mitchell didn't hesitate to jump right in and read it with him.  Haha, and he made sure that Grandpa knew he had to "sleep in his own house."  Lol!


Hahaha!  My dad just started singing a random song and Duncan decided to join in.  Well, either that or Duncan was trying to steal the spotlight.  Haha, either way, it was a very cute moment:)






No comments:

Post a Comment