We have been in Washington for about three weeks now, and so far we are loving it!! It's so green, and rainy (which we love since we just came from a desert), and the ocean views (and mountain views... yes, we have the best of both worlds) are amazing!! Chris has been doing a lot of HR paperwork/security training/physicals (Eef!! He had his blood drawn last week!) during his first weeks at work. But from what he has learned so far, he thinks he is really going to love his new job. The boys have adjusted really well (Haha... of course, as long as Duncan has his milk supply I don't think he will complain too much). Mitchell has been running around and playing in our new place like it was his home all along. We've had a couple opportunities to explore the area so far. We took a short drive up to Port Angeles, WA to walk along the rocky beach of the Pacific Ocean, and we took a ferry ride after exploring Seattle's Pike Place Market (both of which I will talk about in later posts). It still seems so surreal that all of these fun things are pretty much in our backyard now. Of course, most of our time has been spent unpacking all of our stuff (boring!). Thank goodness for Chris's mom!! She decided to come along for our move and help us with the boys, unpacking, organizing, etc. I had to stop unpacking every two to three hours (sometimes every hour!) in order to feed Duncan; but when I was with him, Meemaw was there to keep the momentum going and keep unpacking. We're so thankful for all of her help!! Without her, we would probably still be living out of suitcases. And we're glad she was able to see some of the sights around here with us. We look forward to more visits from her (and from many more of our friends and family *hint hint*) in the future to explore more areas with us. Yay for Washington!!
 |
| Driving through Oregon on our way to Washington. We had some gorgeous views! |
 |
| A view of Chris's new "office." When you've got the ocean, mountain views, and oh yeah, a huge and awesome air-craft carrier where you'll be working, it is hard to have a boring day. Pretty sure he's going to like working here:) |
 |
| For our first couple of nights in WA, our stuff hadn't arrived yet, so we were stuck camping out in our new house. This is our first night in Washington. What do you think about it Duncan? Haha, I don't think he noticed a difference:) |
 |
| A few days later our stuff arrived, yay!! Haha, and here's what our movers apparently thought about our stuff as they labeled it. Lol! And they didn't appear to be the brightest bunch of people, since they also misspelled the others words on the box (Oh boy!). Oh well, just glad our stuff arrived; it was nice to sleep on a real bed again:) |
 |
| We found the coolest stuff when we were unpacking. For example, Mitchell found his old Halloween costume, and decided he just had to wear it for the next couple of days. Lol! |
 |
| Mitchell was such a big helper!! He loved using the tape measure to help us hang up our pictures. |
 |
| Mr. Duncan was all smiles about having his bed back. And so were we (He slept soooo much better! Yay!). And just look at those oh-so-kissable, chubby cheeks!! Did I update the blog with his two month check-up? Well, let's just say he's eating very well... he was in 91% for weight and, no surprise here, 99% for height. He definitely got his dad's genes! |
 |
| Meemaw was in heaven being with her boys:) |
 |
| Our view for dinner one evening. Yep, we were right on the water! Chris and Meemaw were raving about all of the fresh seafood!! And I didn't shy away from it too much... I tried shrimp, halibut, salmon (Two ways: grilled and a smoked salmon chowder), clam chowder, and prawns (basically the shrimp's giant cousin). And it really must make a difference in taste, as every seafood enthusiast insists, when seafood is fresh; because I normally do not like any seafood, but some of this wasn't too bad. I liked the halibut, the shrimp and prawns tasted ok but I can't get past their texture which I dislike, the clam chowder was tasty, and the salmon was just so-so (But Chris and Nina loved it, so I guess I am just not a big salmon fan). I look forward to trying more in the future and hopefully I can turn into a seafood foodie:) |
 |
| Chris had been laid up with his broken ankle for a couple of months, so after doing a lot of walking around the shipyard at work it definitely got extra sore. Haha, but if Daddy was icing his ankle, then Mitchell insisted he ice his as well:) |
 |
| Meemaw and Duncan on her last night before she headed home:( Haha, I just love his "duck-fuzz" hair. |
Our first night in our new house, camping out by the fire:) Haha, and Mitchell letting out some of his excess energy by wrestling with Chris.
No comments:
Post a Comment