Monday, March 7, 2016

Last Moments In Idaho

I was going through our pictures, trying to see how behind I was in blogging and the answer is, "I'm way behind!"  In order to catch up, I figure I will just edit down our last couple of months in Idaho and put it all in this one giant post.  Most of these moments aren't too exciting; just our everyday, normal lives.  Haha, if you call having a newborn baby, husband with a broken ankle, selling our house, packing, and preparing to move and start a new job all "normal" things.  Lol.  Our final months in Idaho, in no particular order:


Mitchell hamming it up one day during lunch.  He's such a character!

Enjoying the indoor play place at Arctic Circle.  Our house had just been put on the market that afternoon, and a few hours later we got a call from an agent asking to show our house that evening (It would be our only showing because they would buy our house! Crazy!).  So, we headed to Arctic Circle to get some ice cream while they looked at our house.  Normally, I avoid these play places, because there is always a tantrum when I tell Mitchell it is time to leave (And of course, there was a tantrum this time.  Chris had to practically climb into the play place himself to drag Mitchell out), but we had time to kill so we decided to give it a shot.  Mitchell, of course, loved it!

Chris, laid up with his ankle, showing us how parenting is done: cuddling with Duncan while playing his Xbox:)

"I AM BATMAN!!"

I walked into our bathroom and found him like this.  Haha!  We had tried putting him on the toilet to go to the bathroom a few times, but he never went and never acted too interested in it.  And since we had so much going on with the new baby, moving, packing, etc., we decided we would wait to start truly potty training him until we were settled in WA.  Haha, but, he was obviously still curious enough about it to try it himself:)

My boys:)

Haha!  One of those perfectly timed camera shots!  It had been one of those days, when between poop, pee, and spit-up, Duncan needed FIVE baths that day.  All part of being a mom:)  I foolishly thought after bath four, "Surely he's done now," only to take his picture and then "Bleh!!"  Haha... and then we did lucky bath number five.

I love how Duncan is looking at Mitchell in this picture.  Adoring his big brother:)

Awe!  Sleeping babies are the best!  So peaceful.  And check out those adorable, chubby cheeks.

One day I heard this big thud, followed by tears, and walked into Mitchell's room to find him laying on the floor crying.  He had climbed out of his crib and hit the floor pretty hard.  It startled him enough that he never tried to climb out of his own crib again, but he soon realized that Duncan's crib was not as tall.  So, climbing in and out of Duncan's crib quickly became his new favorite pastime.

Baby's firsts smiles:)  He loves his daddy!

Documenting Mitchell's favorite "toys."  He can't go to sleep without his rice maker, butter container, bowl, and receipts.  Haha, why do we even bother buying toys for him?!

When we were preparing to show our house to sell it, we took a lot of our bigger/bulkier items to a storage unit to help clean up a bit of the clutter.  After we had accepted an offer on the house, we brought back all of those items in order to get ready to pack them for our move.  Well, Mitchell rediscovered a lot of items that he had forgotten about, and he was in heaven.  It was like Christmas all over again!  He was glued to this car for the next few days.

"Please pick me up mommy!"  Awe, so pitiful.  Check out the tears in those eyes.  Lol, he's just too adorable when he's about to cry:)

He's such a big helper!  He was so excited to help clean as we prepared to leave.

After the movers had packed up all of our stuff, we were left "camping" in our house for another week before we signed the final closing papers.  We had air mattresses, a couple suitcases with all of our clothes, and we kept a couple of toys and play items for the kids.  Haha, this play mat was supposed to entertain Duncan, but as soon as we got it out, Mitchell didn't hesitate to lay down right next to him.

We might have packed up the furniture and big TV's, but that didn't stop Mitchell.  Here he is "roughing it," as he lays on the floor and watches a movie on our laptop.  Haha, I'm sure all of his grandparents are shaking their heads and thinking, "This kid has no idea what 'roughing it' truly means!"  Lol!

Trying to do his part to help feed Duncan.  Hahaha!!

Captured him "reading" a book to his brother.  So sweet!

Watching a movie together:)  Mitchell loved "camping" in our house.

Getting one more play session in during our last night in Idaho.  I love watching Mitchell when he starts chatting and playing with Duncan.  They are just the cutest!


Enjoying the bean bag Santa got him for Christmas.  Haha, he loved jumping falling off the stairs onto it.  This is some of his last moments playing in our house.  Awe:(


Mitchell enjoying the dreaded play place (Dreaded for me, not him).  I do love seeing him run around and play (especially since it had been so cold in Idaho that we hadn't been to play on a playground in a while), but I do not like telling him it's time to leave and then having to carry him out over my shoulder while he cries and screams.  Ugh:)


I love how proud of himself he is after successfully finishing "the climb."  You can see that he starts to get pretty good at it:)


I just love those sweet baby coos and grunts:)  One of Duncan's last moments in Idaho.  It's crazy that he was born here, but that he won't remember it.



Bye Bye Idaho!!  You were good to us.  We enjoyed exploring the areas around you (Yellowstone National Park, Jackson Hole, Grand Teton National Park, Salt Lake City, etc.) and we enjoyed the friends we made.  But, it is time for us to move on.  And we are excited for our new adventure in Washington!!  





No comments:

Post a Comment