Thursday, March 3, 2016

Off to Washington

Hello blog followers (all five of you, lol), I'm sorry I have been MIA lately.  Our lives have been crazy, super busy lately.  In fact, I do not have a whole lot of time to do a blog post even right now, but I wanted to let you all know that we are still alive and doing well.  I will try my best to get a couple of posts up within the next week.  So, please don't give up on us:)

As many of you already know, we have recently moved... to Washington!!  We hadn't really talked too much about it, not because it was a secret, but because we were waiting for Chris to put in his final two weeks notice at his work before we made the announcement "Internet Official."  Lol.  So, here is the story, short and sweet:

An opportunity to work at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard here in Washington had presented itself to Chris.  After some thought and prayers we decided to go for it.  Aaand, he obviously got the job (yay!).  After he got the job offer, we were in crunch mode to sell our house... Lucky for us, our house sold in less than 24 hours after being on the market.  Craziness!  We didn't expect the house to sell that quickly, so then we were in extra crunch mode to get packed up, have movers come get our stuff, and find a place to live in WA.  And let me tell you, it is pretty difficult to find a place to live when you are not even currently living in that state.  But, eventually we did it (prayers are answered everyone!).  Chris's last day of work in Idaho was on Feb. 18th, the next day we signed closing papers on our house, loaded up our car, and drove out to WA.  A couple days later, Chris started work at his new job, and the movers arrived with all of our stuff.  So, we have been busy unpacking everything all week (ugh).  Thank goodness Meemaw flew out to help us!!  Oh, and don't forget, that while all of this was happening, Chris broke his ankle and was laid up for a couple of months, and we had a newborn baby.  Haha, apparently we like adventure:)

But, as hectic as the last couple of months have been, it was worth it.  We are so excited to be here in WA!!  It's so beautiful and there is so much to see and explore!!  We feel truly blessed to have this opportunity in our lives right now!!  And again, as I said before, I will try to update everyone soon on all the details with everything going on in our lives.  For right now... ugh, more unpacking (Well, it's mostly just organizing now:).


Our house in Idaho as we left it... we hadn't seen the ground since late November. So much snow.

Our new home in WA. Check out all that green!!  And this is in February!!  So excited to see what this spring brings.



1 comment:

  1. Yay Washington! You will have many fun adventurs there I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete