Thursday, July 31, 2014

Big Jud's

Adam Richman from the show "Man vs. Food" eating at Big Jud's.

Off the beaten path, in the small town of Archer, ID, is a tiny restaurant called Big Jud's.  When we were going to Bear World, we asked some of our friends where we should eat after... the answer was unanimously "Big Jud's."  So, after Bear World we headed down a bunch of side, farm roads into the middle of nowhere to try out this hamburger place.  The verdict:  It is pretty good, but we didn't understand why anyone would travel all the way out to it for a "pretty good" burger, when there are places closer with good burgers as well.  But then, we got our answer; there it was on the back of the menu... the Big Burger Challenges.

Challenge number one - eat a ONE pound burger, a pound of fries, and 32 oz. soda ALL within 30 minutes.  For this challenge you still have to pay for your meal (which was like $20), but if you completed it you did get a T-shirt, your picture on the wall, and bragging rights.

Challenge number two - eat a TWO pound burger, a pound of fries, and 32 oz. soda ALL within 30 minutes.  On this challenge you would win all the same stuff from challenge number one, but this time your meal would be free (otherwise it was like $28).

Well, Chris was feeling a bit feisty and super hungry, so he decided to try one of the challenges.  For a little bit he considered doing the two pound challenge, because he said, "I haven't eaten yet today and I'm starving.  I think maybe I could do it."  Well, he decided to stay on the safe side and try the one pound challenge.  He thought if that went well, then we could come back again and he would try the two pound challenge.  Well... I don't think that will be happening ever, haha.

When Chris's food first arrived, it looked like a lot of food, but it didn't look THAT big.  Well, looks are deceiving:)  Chris started off at a nice pace, feeling great, thinking he could complete the challenge no problem.  Then, halfway through his burger, it all started to catch up with him.  He went from "this will be no problem" to "Are you kidding me?!!  I can't believe I'm only halfway done!!"  Richard and I kept rooting him on (haha, actually we were telling him that he better not barf all over us:), and in only 22 minutes he completed the challenge!!  YEAH!!  He was grateful he didn't try the two pound challenge.


Chris when his meal arrived, after he had eaten everything, and with his victory shirt.  Haha, notice how his smile is gone in picture two.  Poor guy, was just a little miserable.

Stop the clock!!  He's done:)

1 comment: