Well, if you thought you could keep a baby away from places you did not want him to go by placing furniture in front of that said place... you'd be wrong. At least when it comes to Mitchell. Besides the obvious child proofing methods of baby-gates, outlet covers, drawer and door latches, etc., Chris and I thought we would be smart and just move some furniture in front of the places we wanted Mitchell to avoid. Well, we strongly underestimated Mitchell's curiosity and the lengths he will go to get to any place he wants to.
In our house we have a type of heating source where every room has its own heating element and thermostat. Central heat and air conditioning are not very popular out here. At first I was a little put off by this type of heating, mostly because I was not used to it and all I have ever really known is central air/heat. But, I have actually come to like it because it saves us quite a bit of money... if we are not in a certain part of the house that often, then we don't have to heat it. But, a down side to this kind of heat is that the register/heating vents can get very hot. Which brings me to the reason why I brought up how we heat our house: We have been worried about Mitchell crawling over to the vents and burning himself. So, we decided to completely block the vents from Mitchell by putting furniture in front of the them (of course, not too close because otherwise that is a fire hazard). Haha, but like I said in the beginning of this post, if Mitchell wants to get somewhere he will find a way:
 |
| I was sitting down when I heard a noise behind me, I looked to find Mitchell "crawling" behind the chair. The space between that chair and the brown chest is super small (we did that on purpose so Mitchell could not pass through... Um... I guess we underestimated the amount of space he could fit through). |
 |
| Just being onery... crawling somewhere he knows he shouldn't. |
 |
| So happy... he finally reached his destination. And don't worry, the heat was not on at this point:) |
No comments:
Post a Comment