Remember that cold I told you I had this last week (remember... the reason why I slept in on Easter and therefore, the reason why Mitchell did not see his Easter basket until the afternoon?)? Well, unfortunately, just as I'm starting to get over this nasty bug, Mitchell caught it. Ugh. The poor kid is extremely plugged up, has a runny nose, red eyes, is coughing, etc. I feel so awful for him; especially since I just went through it and know first hand it is not fun. We had a good run though... Mitchell is about two weeks away from turning one, and he just got his first cold (I've heard of kids who are sick a lot their first couple of years, so I'm thinking one time during his first year is not too bad).
Last night was a particularly bad night: Mitchell woke up crying every 2 hours. He was so tired, and you could tell all he wanted to do was sleep, but he was frustrated because he could not suck on his pacifier (which normally is a great comfort to him) and breath at the same time. He would cry because he wanted to be held, then he would cry because he was super tired and wanted to be laid down in his crib, then because he wanted to be held again, then back to his crib, and so on and so on. Poor kid. As awful as this cold was and as excited as I was to get over it, I would happily take it back instead of our little man having it; there really is nothing worse as a parent than to watch your child suffering and not being able to completely comfort him. We finally got him to go back to sleep at around 6am and then he slept in until 10am!!
So, today was a sick day. Let's just say, Mitchell pretty much got everything he wanted today:
 |
| Since Mitchell loves T.V. so much, I gave in and let him pretty much watch T.V. all day. I think I am in trouble because he's not even one yet, and I am already Sesame Street'd and Sponge Bob'd and Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse'd and Teen Titan'd out. But, he loves it (and that is all that matters:)). |
 |
| We took time out to play all of Mitchell's favorite games. He loves his mega blocks (legos). |
 |
| Then, we cuddled under our blanket and watched more T.V. |
 |
| Of course, we also had our handy-dandy tags around to help comfort us. (Haha, all while still watching T.V.). |
 |
| Mitchell got to play with some things which are normally forbidden, i.e. the remote control. I have just undone weeks of parenting by letting him play with the remote since for weeks he has been "begging" to play with it (um... that's code for throwing tantrums) and he has been denied. But, come on... he's sick and it made him so happy:) Can you tell he is smiling behind his pacifier? |
 |
| And to show that despite being sick, he is still a great, happy baby... here is a big smile from the day. Awe, get to feeling better baby, we love you!!! |
Aww! Sorry your not feeling well my little Moonpie wish Meemaw could be there to help make you feel better, yes you've been very lucky this is his first illness, loots of fluids Mom and Dad
ReplyDelete