Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Mommy's Mini-Me

This post makes me so so so happy!!  Well, let me first give you some background information:  Ever since Mitchell was born, everyone has always commented about how much he looks just like Chris (besides a very few exceptions).  He got Chris's eyes, face shape, crooked pinkies, height, color of hair, etc.  And not that I mind; I actually kind of like it that way.  I mean, after all, Mitchell couldn't have taken after a more handsome man than his dad:)  But, a couple of days ago, we found something that Mitchell got exclusively from me; and it just made my day!!

Chris was holding Mitchell and told me Mitchell kept doing something weird with his tongue.  I asked, "What do you mean?"  Chris tried to get Mitchell to do it, but of course, Mitchell wasn't in the mood to perform.  So, I asked Chris to show me.  Well, for those of you who don't know, Chris is tongue-tied.  So, not only is this tongue trick hard for a lot of people to do (I think it is a recessive gene on whether or not you can do it), it is especially hard for Chris to do.  Needless to say, he was unable to show me what Mitchell was doing.  So, I asked him to explain it.  And he said Mitchell was like twisting his tongue over.  I got so excited, then twisted my tongue over, and exclaimed, "YOU MEAN LIKE THIS?!?!!"  And Chris said, "Yes.  Well, I guess we know where Mitchell got that gene from."  Haha, so Mitchell may have gotten Chris's good looks, but he got my tongue:)

Like Momma...

Like son.


Mitchell has been playing with his tongue a lot lately, and not just twisting it.  He has become obsessed with sticking out his tongue, licking his lips, flicking his teeth, etc.  It really is so cute.  The other day he was doing all of those fun moves like crazy, but when I got the camera out (you guessed it) of course he stopped.  I was still able to get a few of his moves on camera.  But, again, normally there is about 10 times more action than he shows in this video.  Enjoy:


2 comments:

  1. I think when he gives a.real big smile he looks just like you, Sarah! Luv Aunt V

    ReplyDelete