Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Uncle DooDoo!!

Well, since it is my brother's birthday today, I guess it's time I blogged about his visit with us.  Lol!  Richard flew out here right before Halloween and stayed for a couple of weeks.  It was great seeing him, and the boys had an absolute blast hanging out with their Uncle DooDoo.  Haha, so Richard is not the most fond of that nickname.  When we were in Idaho, for some reason Mitchell started calling him that.  We would tell him slowly to say "Rich-ard," but he would repeat back "Doo-Doo" every time.  Haha, so the nickname stuck; even with the protests of Richard.  Lol!

We really didn't do too much during those two weeks besides relax, show Richard around town, eat, and watch movies (Scary ones of course, because of Halloween).  We did take a ferry into Seattle one day, which was fun.  And the boys really enjoyed playing around with their uncle.  Richard said when he is at home he basically works all the time, so he really wanted to veg and just relax on his vacation.  Haha, although I'm not sure how much the kids really let him relax... they demand a lot of attention from our guests:)


Uncle Doodoo's flight arrived late at night, so he slept on the couch his first night so we didn't disturb the kiddos.  Haha, but I don't think he got much sleep.  The boys woke him up bright and early, wanting to play legos with him. 

He was so excited to see his Uncle DooDoo!  He was even more excited to help make dinner for Uncle DooDoo.  He said he was making "Uncle DooDoo's favorite."  Even though I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what that actually is, Lol!

Haha, even though he looks stunned in this picture (it was the camera's flash), Colin really enjoyed the movie nights we had with Uncle DooDoo.

Seattle!  Browsing the famous market.

Checking out the "spooky" fresh fruit.  We love Halloween!

Mitchell was showing off our favorite bakery at Pike Place.  Haha, and for some reason he pulled this Rock-n-Roll pose out of nowhere.  So funny!

Of course, it's not Pike Place without the seafood.  Those are some crazy huge lobsters!

Sibling love:)

Hahahaha!!  Mitchell's face cracks me up in this picture.  This is the Gum Wall.  It is pretty self-explanatory.  I have no idea why people started putting their gum all over the wall, but they did.  And it is now a tourist stop.  Lol!  I told Mitchell to make a silly face and this is what he came up with.  Funny kid.

Love how this picture shows all the hustle and bustle of the market.  Pike Place is fun; we love it.  But, it can get very crowded at times, which isn't the best part of the market. These two guys didn't let all the fuss affect them:) 

Mandatory tourist picture in Seattle.  The first thing Richard said after I showed him this picture was, "Geez, I look like a munchkin next to Chris."  Haha!

As fast as this kid is growing, it won't be much longer until he'll be too big to get on his dad's shoulders.  So, we'll enjoy these father/son moments while we can.

It was a very sunny day for the fall in Seattle.  And yes, for some reason Duncan loves "relaxing" with one foot hanging over his stroller.  He does it all the time.

Richard was kind enough to VOLUNTEER to babysit one night, so Chris and I could go on a long-overdue date.  So, off we went to see the new Thor movie... and it was awesome!  Thank you Richard!

And while we were gone on our date, it looked like the kids enjoyed their time with Uncle DooDoo:)

Taking pictures on his last night with us.  The boys really miss having him around to play with:)

Haha, I just love all of Colin's "Deer in Headlights" looks.  Lol!  He is going to miss snuggling with his Uncle DooDoo also.  Thank you for the fun visit Richard!


Shenanigans with Uncle DooDoo:)



Hahaha!  Is it tomato or to-potato?  Plus, they can't stand it if one of them gets more attention than the other... this is my life now.  Lol!







No comments:

Post a Comment