Well, I guess I better post about Halloween before Thanksgiving arrives. Lol! Get used to it people... with three kids this is my blogging life now. Haha! We LOVE Halloween in this household. It has always been one of my favorite holidays since I was a kid; and of course, I plan on passing that excitement down to my kids. Not that I need to push it hard, I mean... free candy! What kid wouldn't love that?! We started out October by watching scary movies nonstop. Well, as "scary" as we can get with a four year old. Lol! So, we watched Casper, Ghostbusters, Monster House, Hotel Transylvania, Goosebumps, etc. All of which Mitchell really enjoyed. I think he may have inherited my love for "scary" things.
This year, Mitchell had his heart set on being a robot. He thought about being a robot in early September, and he never wavered from it; no matter how much Chris and I tried to sway him. Haha! It became clear to us as we looked for robot costumes, that we would probably just have to end up making it, and neither of us are super crafty people. Actually, scratch that, because as it turns out, Chris is amazingly crafty! We both talked about the design of the robot costume and played ideas off of each other, but then it was all Chris from there. He worked tirelessly to make Mitchell's dreams come true (Awe!!), and he succeeded. Mitchell LOVED it! And all of our neighbors loved it also. Several people commented on what a great costume it was and how it was their favorite costume of the night. Some people even gave Mitchell extra candy because they said they loved his costume so much and he deserved it (Winning!). And Duncan... was a ninja turtle because he can't vocalize what he wants to be yet and that costume was on sale. Haha! And Colin was in hand-me-down costumes; which will probably be the story of his life for the next forever Halloweens (Sorry kid, that's life:). We hope everyone had a great Halloween!
I loved making Halloween crafts as a kid, and Mitchell was very excited to make some too. He was anxious to scare people with his spider web (And he even carefully colored the rim orange and brown because he said those were Halloween colors, Lol!).
Even robots make silly faces. Lol! He was just so happy wearing this thing. Chris really did an amazing job!
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Heroes in a half-shell, Turtle power!"
I know skeletons are supposed to be scary, but this one is just so cute!
Well, he starts to get a little scarier when he's hungry. Still, cutest pout ever.
"Mom!! Why are you still taking pictures?! Feed me!!"
He is a master of disguise and became a scary skeleton really quick. Lol!
He was much better after a dinner break and a costume change. I guess he liked being a superhero more than a skeleton:)
And because I can't pick just one picture of this cutie! Superman!
We made Mitchell take his costume off to eat dinner before Trick-or-Treating (He wanted to wear it all day!), but he still wanted to pose for another picture before eating. I was happy to oblige because most of the time he acts like I'm bugging him to death when I ask to take his picture. Lol!
We took Duncan to a few close neighbors to Trick-or-Treat, then I went back home with him so I could hand out candy. Chris took Mitchell all around our neighborhood the rest of the night, and scored some great candy! Mitchell was happy to take his little brother with him. I hope these two always stay this close!
He was a pro at Trick-or-Treating.
Showing off his stash. Look closely and you'll see a large-size Toblerone candy bar in there. A lady actually gave him TWO of them because she loved his costume so much. Chris and I may have sampled those, Lol!
He's making a run for it! For the most part, Mitchell has always been a cautious kid who never really strayed too far away from Chris or me. Duncan is the exact opposite. If you turn your head on him for just a second, he is gone. This kid is a runner. Lol!
Sorry, it's kind of hard to hear him. But if you listen closely you'll hear him explain what to say when Trick-or-Treating: "You knock, or press button. Say 'Trick-or-Treat,' they drop candy, and say 'thank you'." See, I told you he is a pro at this. Haha! Happy Halloween everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment