Mitchell has perfected the fake cry. We do our best to ignore him when he throws a tantrum, in order to not encourage that behavior. And, while I think we still have plenty of tantrums to get through in our future, I do think he is started to learn that he will not get what he wants by screaming for it. So... cue the fake cry. His new way of showing us he wants something is to do his "non-tantrum throwing" tantrum. Haha, it is basically his way around the rules. He gives us the most pitiful (but also really cute) face ever, has the saddest frown, squeezes his eyes almost shut, and starts whimpering. Yes, it is a whimper, not crying. I think he is thinking, "Man, I really want to cry and scream to get what I want, but that doesn't work; maybe if I do all the motions but do not actually cry, I will get my point across AND get what I want." Haha, I know that is a really sophisticated thought process for a 15 month old, but hey, our kid is smart:) And he may be right... Because we think it is the cutest thing ever and do give him practically anything he wants when he "fakes" it.
 |
| "Why mommy? Why aren't my Cheerios here yet?!!" |
 |
| Haha, I promise he is hardly making a sound in these pictures; just sad, sad faces:) |
 |
| "Please stop taking pictures and get my Cheerios... Boo hoo." |
:)
ReplyDeleteThink that face will work on Meemaw?
ReplyDelete