![]() |
| Snow?!! |
I don't know if you all can tell, but that is snow on top of the mountains in the distance. And this picture was taken the last week in September. I mean... what the?!! Everyone told us the winters would be crazy cold and crazy long here, and as much as I tried to prepare and ready my mind that this winter would be cold, I was not ready for winter to start in SEPTEMBER!! Fall is absolutely by far my most favorite season: it has two of my favorite holidays, Halloween and Thanksgiving, it also has my birthday, it also has the best weather where it is not too hot and not too cold (I call it sweatshirt weather, my favorite). But, apparently in Idaho they skip fall completely and just move straight into winter:(:( <--- those are two sad faces in a row, THAT'S how sad I am about it. We have had multiple nights get below freezing and even some days that have started out as low as 24 degrees; that is just crazy to me because it is barely October. Oh well, I guess there is no use crying over it now because there is nothing I can do about it (and besides, the tears would probably freeze to my face anyway). I guess we are in for a longer winter than we expected. I feel most unprepared for Mitchell; we barely have any winter clothes for him. All the winter stuff we have is for a 9 month or 12 month old, not a 5 month old. We have been putting a lot of pants, multiple socks, and blankets on him until we can remedy his clothes situation... poor kid:) To all my Missouri friends out there, enjoy your fall while you can, before it's too late.


No comments:
Post a Comment