Saturday, March 18, 2017

Pacific Science Center

Nothing much has been happening in the Swisher household lately besides colds, sickness, and allergies.  I had a sinus infection for about two weeks (I finally gave in and went to the doctor to get an antibiotic), which then everyone else in the house caught; then just when it looked like we were all finally getting over that cold, one-by-one we all started to get sick AGAIN.  Ugh, it has been almost 2 months of nonstop sickness here.  I think we are finally starting to get rid of it all (knock on wood) just in time for allergy season to kick in.  Haha... life is cruel sometimes:)

Here is a look back at a happier time, right before we all got sick (We took a ferry over to Seattle to check out the Pacific Science Center):


Enjoying our ferry ride over to the mainland:)

The Science Center was featuring a train exhibit for the month, which was perfect for our little man who is obsessed with trains.  Some of the model trains they featured were crazy elaborate and detailed.  Mitchell watched each one very closely:)

This was pretty cool.  It was a scale that told you what you would weigh on the sun and every planet.  Mitchell is nearly 43 pounds on Earth, but would only weigh about 3 pounds on Pluto.  Chris also weighed himself, but I don't know if it would be polite to share his weight with you all.  Let's just say that he would weigh 9,848 pounds on the Sun, and only 24 pounds on Pluto... now you do the calculations to figure out the rest:)

He wasn't fully standing on the scale so his weights aren't accurate in the background, but I just loved his little pose here.  He's such a model.  Lol!

Chris finally found a table and chairs to suit his size!  I love how his feet don't touch the floor and actually just get to dangle for once:)

What kid doesn't like handling the sea creatures?!

Mitchell figured since his daddy will soon be working in a submarine, that he mind as well follow in his footsteps and start practicing:)

Dinosaurs!!

Hahaha!  He wasn't quite sure what to think about laying in this Duckbill Dinosaur's footprint.  He fit just right:)

The train!!  He has pure joy for anything train related... especially when riding in a train.

Of course, Mitchell loved the insect exhibit.  The Butterfly House was particularly fun.

And one has to explore the art wall on their way out.  Thanks for the fun visit Pacific Science Center!


He was learning about all of the planets (to scale).  Well, ok, by "learning" I mean he was having fun spinning Jupiter and Saturn.  Lol!


Of course, Mitchell loved spending time at the play area.  There might have been a slight tantrum when we told him it was time to move on to see something else.  But, before that, I love how he didn't hesitate to share his car with another kid.  (Some other kids in the play area were not so keen on sharing.  But not our boy:).







No comments:

Post a Comment