Sunday, December 20, 2015

Our Newest Addition

Introducing Duncan Edmund Swisher
Born December 17, 2015 at 4:13pm
Weighing 8 lbs. 3 oz.
21.75 inches long

Well, he's arrived!!  And he's perfect!!  He didn't make a dramatic entrance... I was scheduled to be induced on December 17th, and although I was hoping he would come sooner on his own, he made us wait until the 17th.  I went into the hospital early that morning, got hooked up with the IV and drugs (pitocin), the doctor came in and broke my water, I got my epidural, and a little under seven hours later he made his arrival.  There were a few minor bumps through the whole process:  everyone knows how much I HATE needles, but of course, I had to get poked a few times before the nurse could get the IV in properly (ouchy!!); again, I HATE needles, and the first epidural I got did not take so they had to pull it out and restart the whole process over again (and I might have had a slight anxiety/panic attack through that whole process); and since I was started on pitocin before I got my epidural, I did feel some strong contractions for a few hours (which I know is completely normal to feel during childbirth, but since I got my epidural early during Mitchell's birth and therefore never felt contractions with him, they were completely new to me this time around... and they suck!!).  But overall, Duncan came way easier than Mitchell.  The total time of labor was less than a third of Mitchell's and I only pushed for 20 minutes with Duncan (not 2 and 1/2 hours like I did with Mitchell).  Everyone says the second child is usually a lot easier than your first because your body has been through it before, and I found that to be true for me.  Duncan is the sweetest baby!!  He cries a bit when he's hungry, but other than that he is quiet, mostly sleeps, makes the cutest cooing sounds, and is the best at cuddling!!  Mitchell is obsessed with him (but I will talk more about that in my next post), and says "baby" or "Duncan" all day long.  We couldn't be more in love with him!!


Getting cleaned up, weighed, and measured.  He weighed less than Mitchell, but was a little bit longer... so he arrived in true Swisher fashion: long and skinny:)

Chillaxin'.

Cuddle time.  Please don't mind my "tired, make-up free, sweaty face, messy hair, I just pushed out a baby" look.  Lol.

Proud papa.

Excited Grandma!!

Getting ready to head home.
Duncan, we are so happy you are here!!  You make our little family complete.  We're excited to watch you grow up, to experience your personality, watch you develop your talents, and love and laugh with you.  Mitchell already adores you, and we hope you guys will not only be great brothers, but will become the greatest friends.  We love you so much!!  We want nothing more than to keep you safe, healthy, and happy.  Xoxo!!






2 comments:

  1. So cute Meemaw jealous want to cuddle with him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Meemaw jealous want to cuddle with him too.

    ReplyDelete