Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Fun At The Park!!

Well, Mitchell is slowly but surely getting over his fear of grass and the outdoors.  Thank goodness!!  I plan on doing a lot of stuff outdoors this year (because it's healthy, it's fun, and it's awesome) and that is really hard to do when your toddler screams every time he touches grass.  But, that should all be a thing of the past!!

While all our friends and family in Missouri were getting hit with lots of snow and ice, we were actually enjoying some nice temperatures here in Idaho.  We decided to take advantage of the nice weather and we ventured to a local park.  I was hesitant at first, because I thought there would be a good chance that Mitchell would hate it; but, I figured he had to get over his outdoor fears sooner or later, so we decided to give it a try.  Can you believe he LOVED the park?!!  I know, I know... It sounds crazy to even question a kid loving a park.  But up to this point, Mitchell has disliked riding in his wagon, swimming in a baby pool, playing in the autumn leaves, and standing on any grass.  But again, all things of the past:)  He LOVED the park!!



He started out "playing" really slow.  Haha, this video is kinda boring; just Mitchell holding onto a railing.  I just thought it was so funny how timid and cute he was.  He wouldn't let go of this railing for anything.  But he still had the best time, watching all the other kids play around him.  Baby steps, right? :)



After a lot of coercing, I finally got Mitchell to leave the railing.  This is his first time going down a slide!  He was an instant fan!!  He wanted to do it over and over and over again:)



He are a few clips of Mitchell enjoying the park.  Pay attention to these cute moments:
When he FINALLY feels comfortable walking around the park and shuffles his feet along the ground (it's adorable to see him finally letting go); when he says "hi" to a little girl (who was following him around everywhere... crush much?:) but then he realizes she wants on his precious slide, and he just starts telling her "no" over and over again; and when he does his happy dance at the end because he is having such a great time.  We are looking forward to many more fun days outside and at the park:)







2 comments:

  1. looks like he figured it out pretty quickly... cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like he figured it out pretty quickly... cute

    ReplyDelete