On March 16th, my mom was kind enough to throw me a baby shower. So, Chris and I headed to Jackson, MO that weekend. It was such a fun time; a lot of my family and friends from our old church ward came to help celebrate the coming of our little one. Everyone went around and told me their own birthing stories from when they had children, I think with the thought of trying to ease some of my fears... Of course, after hearing their stories, I think I've decided I just want to skip the whole "labor part" and just magically have my baby boy. Has that ever happened? Haha. I got some great gifts, including tons of clothes, diapers, blankets, towels, a bouncy seat, a bathtub, and my baby's first MP3 player (baller). I owe a big thank you to everyone who came and made it a great time. Here are some pictures from the shower; sorry about the quality, they were taken on my old phone.
 |
| Left to right: Michelle (cousin), Aunt Winnie, Sharon (friend) |
 |
| Left to right: Christine, Nicole (sisters), Ellie (cousin), Farah, Kathryn (nieces), Michelle (cousin) |
 |
Left to right: Linda (friend), Aunt Jeannine, Martha (friend), my mom, Sis. Tucker (friend)
Tanya (sister) and Rhonda (cousin)
Some of the yummy food
Opening some of the great gifts and passing around the adorable clothes
My sisters and I (Karen, Tanya, me, Christine, and Nicole);
I am the last of them to have children, meaning I get the benefit of learning
from their experiences:)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment